Background

Wednesday 5 May 2010

Already done spring has sprung!!!

But thought these photo's explained it more than the other post!

I know spring has arrived when this happens in the back garden: At the beginning of April I can still see the houses out the back.


By mid-April the buds are appearing on the trees and the houses are starting to disappear..





This is the end of April; give it another week or so and we'll not be able to see the houses. In fact, if it wasn't for the neighbours from Hell we'd be totally enclosed and hidden from everything. This is an original hedgerow, mostly hawthorn but some elder and blackthorn. 



It does also show me that I really MUST do some work on the garden this year. I don't seem to have anytime to get out there. I used to love pottering when I got in from work and don't know what happened. 

The other big happening was the Icelandic volcanic ash that grounded planes in the UK for almost a week. The next photo was taken two days after flights had resumed, early in the morning, when usually there would be more contrails than this. This is the most I saw for almost a week..... don't understand the "planes in the wrong place" thing!!! If they had waited another day, surely they'd have all been in the right place and flights could have resumed as before??? :-D (Sure someone will explain where I am going wrong with that thinking?!)



Not the most brilliant month ever, in fact I doubt it could have got much worse, but it's finally over. The working to contract lasted all of two days!! :-D Wow! How bored was I? hehehe. And why is my son so forgiving? I want to be angry with people! Ah well! Too much wasted energy I suppose, and I have this damned depression to try to deal with at the moment... even Philip has realised I hate being on my own... bless! He keeps popping down to check I'm OK, and gives me a hug. xx  Roll on summer............
Back soon. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment