Background

Monday 15 November 2010

New toy!

Look what I got...............  It's an Adana letterpress. I loooove the feel of printed type and hope to be able to include it in future card making and maybe even scrapbooking (although that would be time consuming!) Who knows! I may even eventually become good enough to even make a bit of money from it.... :-)
Got it on ebay - been looking for weeks but all the pretty, totally working ones went waaaaaaaay above my budget, so started looking for ones that needed some work. We got it home about 7 tonight and Matt had most of it working by 9. It doesn't have any rollers at the moment, so that has to be the next purchase, and from there it's getting some different type/fonts to use - the guy I got it from gifted loads of other bits and bobs, including ink; so once I have rollers I will be looking to make some Christmas cards maybe. It's also a bit smaller than I was hoping for, but that just throws up a challenge to me. OK. That's it for now - off to look for rollers for it. Thanks for looking. Please leave a comment if you visit my blog - I'm starting to get a complex about everyone who looks but no-one leaving a comment.... :-(  Jude. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment