Background

Sunday 17 January 2010

So today we finally made a start on doing the kitchen. Most of the walls in this place are Artex! Artex walls - I ask you??? Anyway we put in some "decent" units when we first moved, but for some reason it was never right... I guess the B&Q designer wasn't much of a designer - this kitchen has never worked. Couple of years ago I started taking the artex off the walls - BIIIIIG mistake! The plaster came off quicker than the Artex! So I've lived with this brick wall for about 18 months now while I decided how to redo the kitchen.
I've now decided on the kitchen I want (Ikea, which will come as no surprise to those who know and love me....), the design and even some space saving features depending on finances! So Rodge had his first go at plastering today. I don't think he did too bad considering: a) it was the first time he'd tried it; b) we had a plasterers trowel and no other tools; and c) he had to mix the plaster in a bucket with a bamboo stick! :-D

Anyway.... I'm already feeling better about it - it still looks a mess and I still hate the kitchen, but I know we're getting there at last! Tomorrow I'm off to get a couple of bags of plaster and some proper tools - he's got a whole house to do next... xx

No comments:

Post a Comment