Background

Sunday 19 September 2010

I stink at blogging!!

So it's been EON'S since I last blogged. Had stuff going on that wasn't so good, but lots of good stuff too. Did I tell you we had a new puppy? Youngest Mr D named him (knew it was a mistake as soon as Rodge asked him......) Alpharius!! What! What sort of name is that Pip? Another mistake because, of course Pip gave me the explanation! Anyway, we're calling him Alphie. He's now about 12 weeks old.
 Look at that little face........
Dog on the sofa!!!! What's that all about? Rodge is what it's all about..... "He's cold/lonely/missing his mum........" Yeh! We have the excuses all ready! :-D
Anyway - he's been taking up a lot of time - mostly house training. He has cheered us up - well - maybe it's Florence's reaction to him that cheered us up. She tolerates him for so long; plays with him, but doesn't like sharing her toys for too long and when she's had enough we get this.........................
"It's my squeeky bone and when I say you aren't having it anymore, YOU AREN'T HAVING IT, RIGHT!" She put it in the bucket!!! hehehe
Then we have finally made a start on the kitchen, and got the new worktops in - soooo puuuuurdy.....


Obviously a work very much in progress but it's so much easier to work in than when we had it fitted when we moved here. We had B&Q design it because they'd done our last one and that had been great, but this had never been right. And I love the new bit on the other side - so useful for putting all those bits when cooking (guess I've no excuse not to cook now? :-D)






All the tiles will be off soon because I have some little 2 inch "mosaic" style ones and a couple of the Ikea splashbacks. The artex on the walls (seriously - who puts artex on walls? I mean - IN A KITCHEN?) is mostly coming off; I discovered that I can "sort" of plaster and if I practice a bit more where it won't be seen, I'm going to love this kitchen when it's finished!
I should add that the saying "couldn't swing a cat in the room" doesn't apply here - because you'd have trouble bending down to pick the blasted cat up!!! It's a small kitchen......

And then me and Pip went down to Eastleigh for a friends daughters (well, Pips friend) wedding. Yup! Another one (see March for the first!) J looked soooo happy. A is a lovely guy.
No, she hasn't worn sunglasses to her wedding - they are those reactalight ones.... :-D Ju and Pete are probably my best friends ever. I love them to bits. Ju was so stressed, but it was a beautiful day. J blossomed. Her dress was made by a little old lady that she knew and has a story attached that I won't repeat..............

And then the following day................... I took Pip to Heathrow and he flew to Los Angeles for three weeks!!!! Not only has he never been on a plane before he's never been away from home before on his own, due to his health issues. Soooo proud of you Pip.
Hope to have some crafting to show next time.
That's it for now. Except to say... If you do read this please leave a comment. I know people are looking and it would be great if you let me know what you think......
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment