Background

Monday 25 October 2010

Birthdays, best friends and fires

It was my birthday on Friday.  With things being like they are at home I knew I wouldn't be getting any presents, but I still had a lovely weekend: On Friday Helena came in to work with a lovely bunch of flowers for me. (They are beautiful - photo to follow!)
When I got home Jude, Pete and Mike had arrived. They'd been on holiday near Berwick and were going to spend the night here with us. So we spent Friday night having a good old gossip about people we both know/knew, messing about with crafty stuff and Ju persuading me that if I make some things up she'll put them on a stall at the craft fair at her church and try to sell them for me.
On Saturday we spent the morning gossiping and crafting again (;-D) and then Helena came and picked us up to meet Maggie in town for lunch - they'd been trying to get me out for lunch for ages, but hadn't been able to find a day that suited us all. It was lovely to get three of my very 'bestest friends ever' all together - I love you guys.... and thanks for lunch - Zoe will be very impressed when I suggest we go there next time she's up! lol
It has got VERY cold suddenly. Thought we were going to run out of coal last week, but got a delivery just in time. I love getting up in the morning, chucking coal on the fire and turning it up to let it roar away for a while. Just a shame I have to go out after that, but it does set me up for the day!
OK. That's it for now. Will post photos later in the week. Jude.x

No comments:

Post a Comment