Background

Tuesday 13 March 2012

Finished!

Knitting was finished on Saturday, but I've been sewing it up. It didn't actually take too long, but I've not been well, hence 2 days to sew up! No buttons on it, but I'm going to leave those for Z to find..... she can be really fussy! LOL. Here it is:






 It's a loooong time since I really hand knitted anything other than big, thick, chunky yarn so I'm really pleased with this. Hope Z is! This wool is an expensive Rowan wool and has already been started as six other cardigans/sweaters before it finally landed on my lap, so I think she'll be happy with the fact it has actually been made into something.

It was also my brothers' birthday a couple of weeks ago and we were invited over for lunch. As money has been so tight I thought I'd make some cakes for everyone, so had a marathon baking session. Cupcakes was going to be easiest with my brothers...... :-) They'd have had the tape measure out making sure one didn't get a bigger piece than the other - yes. They are adults. It was a 50th birthday were talking about here; but they make me laugh so much!!!! Anyway, here are the cakes finished:
Even though I say so myself - they tasted good. Didn't look brilliant but it's a long time since I've had the piping bag out.......
This is the mess I made in the kitchen though; what a shame I had to clean it up! lol


 Ha! It doesn't look as messy in the photos as I know it really was - believe me I make a mess when I cook; but at least I don't use every cooking utensil in the house, like R does! ;-)
It's late so that's it for today. Speak soon
Thanks for dropping by.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment