Background

Tuesday 27 March 2012

The internet!

Why is it? Whenever or wherever I am leaving a comment on a blog, only about 10% of them are actually saving? It doesn't matter whether I am making a comment on a blog using Blogger, WordPress or Typepad the comment just doesn't save!? It is so frustrating! It's not so bad if you are just leaving a comment to say you love something or Oh no, that's sad, but when you leave a long comment (Yeah! I know I waffle so maybe it's not such a bad thing sometimes :-D ) it's really, really annoying!I've tried signing in before I go blog-hopping through my favourites, I've tried signing in only if I want to comment - makes no difference. Any ideas, anyone?

The other thing that seems to have hit the fan this week is Pinterest. I have a Pinterest account, with about 12 things pinned. LOL.  I've always gone back to the original place before I pinned, and found it really freaky when it was repinned within 5 or 10 minutes. And then all this with the Terms and Conditions....... I seriously thought maybe I should just go back to saving links in my favourites. Anyway, someone asked a question about the T&C's on UKS this week. I commented, and added that I felt a bit freaked.... I think I upset/offeneded some people, which certainly wasn't my intention; but a couple of people very kindly explained a couple of things about how it all works, and I think now I understand it better..... I'm hooked!!! Wow! I had no idea! Now I don't need the "Dummies guide to Pinterest"...... But what did interest me is that everything on there has a "repin" button, and yet Pinterest T&C's were saying that if you used it you were a very, very naughty girl and if someone sued you for copyright you'd be on your own! WTF? But then I (and I presume everyone with a Pinterest account?) got an email stating a change in the T&C's. Now I've not read them properly yet so don't know what's changed other than what the email prĂ©cis stated, but I think providing I always go back to the original post for something I'm happy with pinning stuff; if someone decides to repin from me? I think that's up to them, if they are happy with that. Am I wrong? I don't know, but I do know it's easier than the great long list of favourites I've got, when I can never find anything. Until I can figure out a way of doing something similar to Pinterest but on my own hard drive, for my own personal use, I'm going to keep using it.

On a lighter note: the last few mornings the birds have been making an awful racket...... And here's why:


It's a cat in the tree. Look:


He nearly fell out this morning, so don't know if he's going to try again. He teases Alphie on a regular basis by walking along the top of the fence, or sitting on the greenhouse or shed roof. Cheeky cat!
Speak soon. Jude.x

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jude! Just wanted to pop on over and tell you that I appreciate your comments on my blog!! I enjoy them. YOu make me smile. Thanks for reading (and commenting!).

    ReplyDelete