Background

Thursday 30 December 2010

Bluuuuuuuuurh, stuff and thoughts

First up is the Document:2010 pages for November. Can't believe I have completed all this - always full of enthusiasm for stuff but then find it difficult to carry through for one reason or another. Anyway, only one month left and here I am!!!





First page still needs the receipts, etc putting in the envelope, but I tidied up for Christmas and can't reach any of them until I move everything back to what is "normal" mode in the dining room. hehehe! The colours on these photo's are rubbish because it's been misty outside for the past couple of days so no sunlight in the house. Have had to use the camera flash which doesn't show the true colours.





Next up are the two "collage" pages. Such an odd month weather-wise.... started off like a lamb - lovely sunshine reflecting the trees on the canal; then the wind blowing trees over the Trans Pennine Trail - HS and I went out and spent a couple of hours making it safe and removing it from the trail. Being "girlies" instead of the "special ones" we aren't allowed to use any tools that have a bigger motor than a sewing machine, so all we had was a land rover, bosaw and some rope. Great fun though. We left PB to cut it down with the chainsaw - knowing how much he enjoys that! :-) BUT! The REALLY bizarre thing is that the following morning PB went up the trail to remove the tree and..... wait for it..... It had been turned round to face the opposite direction! Seriously. It had taken HS and me and hour to manoeuvre it into that position using the land rover and rope, because it WAS really heavy. Normal vehicles aren't allowed on the trail, so who moved it and how the hell did they move it? :-D Like I said - bizarre!
Then came the snow. Oh Boy! The snow. It was the last Tuesday of November. I've already blogged about it so won't bore you with anymore, except to say...... if we had been able to book the weekend away that we wanted, we'd have been stranded in Scarborough by the snow!




And finally my focus page for November was our weekend in Scarborough. Lovely views. Relaxing time. Good to get away and unwind.











Today I took Phil and Steph to Chatsworth, but with the mist/fog, we saw nuffink!! :-( So we moved on to Harwick, which again, I knew would be closed but that we would be able to get closer so may be able to show Steph a bit more than a misty field... :-)



 So here is the new Hall - in the background. We were able to see a bit more than this... I love the windows... I love the inside when we can get in! :-) Especially the Gallery - my desire is to lie on the floor and just look up at the ceiling - one day I will!











And then the Old Hall. So beautiful in the mist. Told Stephanie that she has to come back in the summer when they are open and we can show her some real history. I much prefer Hardwick to Chatsworth. ???? I find it much more powerful. Does that make sense? I know what I mean... Chatsworth is like mutton dressed as lamb in so many ways; like they are trying to be something they know they can't be (even though the Cavendish's probably ARE something they can be!) Don't know what it is.....




And here they are.... The Old Hardwick Hall IS in the background; you can just make it out. If only the two of them had worn boots instead of Converse.... Steph is from Los Angeles and apparently they don't do any walking over there?!! Mmmmm! I'm sure "they" must do. I admit they don't walk around the city (Philip says there are no sidewalks until you reach the retail areas!) but surely they go for walks? They have parks and countryside. They HAVE to walk in them? But aren't they cute? He's hoping to go back out there in March. This is getting serious! Anyone know if it's easier to get a resident visa for the UK or the USA? :-D
And Finally......
It's almost the New Year, and I don't think I have ever been so pleased to see the back of a year. I can't wait for 2011. 2010 has been total crap. We've never had such a bad year. Not even previous years when one of us has been seriously ill, or had a "condition" diagnosed. 2010? Good Riddance. I have learnt several things though which I will take into 2011 as lessons learned and not to be repeated. I am also going to try to take more time for ME! If I want to do something I'm going to do it! I'm NOT going to feel guilty. It's time to move on. Watch this space.........
Speak soon. Happy New Year. Jude.x

No comments:

Post a Comment