Background

Friday 7 January 2011

Reflections

No. Not reflections of the last year but of things I've seen, although I will start with the Christmas tree. Only realised that the reflection was there the night before we took the tree down. I'd turned on the lights because it would be the last time for this Christmas, noticed the reflection of the lights on the floor and had to take a photo of it. And the amazing thing is that the floor was clean enough to show a reflection! My "boys" don't realise that floors need to be cleaned normally so it was a pleasant surprise to come home from work one day and find that they had cleaned all the floors downstairs. :-)



The following photos were taken on the canal on the day after New Years Day when I went for a walk. First is a Tufted Duck, which I've never seen on the canal before. And which refused to come close enough for a decent photo, but I'm quite pleased that this is good enough to make a positive ID!












Then a swan reflected on the canal  (can't remember if that's the male or female) and a female mallard on the bank side.




And finally trees reflected in the canal. In the background you can see the famous Crooked Spire although it's too far away to reflect in the canal.


I'm so going to have to go through my photos and do some scrapping of reflections.. I know I've always been a bit obsessed with reflections so probably have loads of photos I can use.


I haven't made any resolutions because I never keep them anyway, but I am going to try to craft more and get to grips with Blogger!!! It never looks how I think it's going to... :-( I never seem to be able to get the text match up with the photos and I seem to have two different templates working together!? How that happened I have no idea. And how on earth do you make the title text larger?!  What do you think about the text colour by the way? It's about the only thing that I can make different, and thought it would make a change from the black I usually leave it.  So that's it until next time. Speak soon. xx            

No comments:

Post a Comment