Background

Monday 7 February 2011

Wowee!!

So excited............ I decided, after my lovely Aunt passed away not long ago, that I needed to trace my Family Tree. My Mum's side hasn't been too much trouble - everything just seemed to slip into place; even without the trawl of the Records Office that I will have to do at some stage. My Dad's side I just couldn't get beyond my Dad's birth,and I knew I was going to have to buy his birth certificate.
I went to visit the Big Bro today - it being my day off, and I was telling my sister-in-law about it when my brother came in."Oh" he said "maybe there'll be something in that box?" Eh? What box?

Only a box FULL of birth, marriage and death certificates........ some go back as far as 1845! Photo's of my Dad as a baby. Photo's of Granny and Grandad. Photo's of me and my siblings that I hadn't seen before. My brother had no idea what he had! :-) They were in a box in his garage because their house had recently had a lot of work, and it's all very damp. Lots of the certificates are falling apart because of their age. I need to research how to preserve them before I give them back. I will photocopy as much as I can, of course, but if anyone has any idea of how to look after the originals, please let me know.
Be back soon. Jude.x

No comments:

Post a Comment