Background

Wednesday 26 January 2011

Been a while

Morning! Sorry it's been a while, but I don't seem to be taking many photos or doing much crafting. Or maybe I have!? Had a look and I have these photos to share, and I know I took some photos last night of a planner I've made for a friend and a card I was commissioned for. Will have to get those onto the computer before I can put them on here though - and since I should really be getting ready for work, not typing this, I think downloading had better wait - for now at least.

 Had to go down to check the floodgate so (of course) took the camera with me. Lovely robin - sat there while I got the camera out and then started hopping around the fence... :-D And of course - the only time it sat still I chopped it's head off - not literally of course; the only photo of the whole robin is out of focus because he was about to take off again!


Iced up canal: Not like it was around Christmas and New Year when it was really thick - this is just Jack Frost with beautiful patterns. Reminded me of when I was little and Jack Frost used to visit the inside of our bedroom windows.

And this scene just made me smile; with the light coating of frost everywhere, the sun was shining; people I passed were smiling and wanting to chat rather than complain like they often do when they meet one of us on the canal. To the left is the Highways Department yard and some small industrial units, beyond that the A61. The bridge you can see carries traffic to the travel lodge and beyond that the A619 (or is it the 617? Never can decide - it's the Chesterfield to Worksop road anyway.) To the right is a complex of "apartments" with the main London to Sheffield railway behind them. It was so peaceful. For the first time in I don't know how long..... I was happy. Just happy. I could have stayed out there all day.

OK. That's it for now. Must go and get ready for work now. Not going to be doing anything like this today - going to one of the other offices to start on the archiving - getting rid of filing cabinets and someone has to make decisions about what paperwork needs keeping. I eventually get fed up of asking, someone else trying to make a decision, and me just chucking it in the end... :-D
Speak soon. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment