Background

Tuesday 1 March 2011

Rubbish at crafting.......

..... because I've become a bit obsessed with my Family Tree! It's going fairly well considering I can't afford to actually use anything but the Free to view sites at the moment. My Granny was married to a soldier before she married Grandad and I think I've "found" him...... It's very sad because it seems that, if I'm following it right, her first husband died 8 months after they married on the first day of the Battle of the Somme. How sad must that have been for her?
I can't wait until I can afford to pay for some more information because there are certainly some stories out there - like Granny's family seemingly moving all around the South of England before finally ending up in Manchester. One side of the family have always (and still do) lived in the same town. The other side is a bit mixed but never very far away, other than Granny.
I'm loving the research and crafting is taking a back seat, so if you're here looking for pretty stuff - Sorry! Normal service will resume when I get withdrawal symptoms from missing the card, glue and pretties! :-) Thanks for dropping by. Back soon.
Jude.x

No comments:

Post a Comment